TAP® Barrier™ Law Enforcement ammo turns cover into concealment. The design of the 5.56 62 gr. TAP® Barrier™ bullet allows the projectile to maintain its structural integrity while punching through barriers, yet initiates expansion in soft tissue. Your 5.56 NATO chambered rifle was designed to take advantage of the higher pressure of the 5.56 NATO cartridge — which translates to higher velocity, higher energy and harder-hitting performance.
NOTE: NOT for use in 223 REM chambered guns.
- Ballistic Coefficient: .264
- Sectional Density: .176
- Bullet Length: .795”
- Recommended Rifling Twist Rate: 1:7” to 1:12”
- Characteristics: Barrier with cannelure, Soft point
- Powder:Temperature stable with flash retardant, Increased powder charge to NATO specifications and pressure peak
- Primer:Staked primer pocket, Sealed primer, Small rifle milspec primer
- Case:Match Grade Brass Composite; Manufacturer’s Name (Hornady) and Caliber Designation (5.56 NATO) imprinted on case head
Packaging and Lot Numbers
- 20 rounds per box
- 10 boxes per case (200 rounds per case)
- Lot numbers on each box and case